Our Virginia CARES program (Virginia Community Action Re-Entry Solution) helps individuals released from prison learn how to confidently reintegrate with family, community, and the job market – and lead successful lives after prison. We offer a variety of training, referrals, and services that teach participants how to make better life choices, strengthen and rebuild relationships, obtain, and keep a job, and understand that others can relate to their challenges.
Key services include:
• Immediate help obtaining food, clothing, housing, transportation, and forms of ID.
• Assistance with learning job search skills with the goal of long-term employment.
• One-to-one counseling and peer support groups.
• Help with building a career, reuniting with family, and rejoining the community.
People Inc.’s Virginia CARES is available to eligible community members in the following locations:
- City of Bristol
- Buchanan County
- Dickenson County
- Russell County
- Washington County
For more information, call (276) 274-2514.
- Cities of Fredericksburg, Manassas and Manassas Park
- Culpeper County
- Fauquier County
- Prince William County
- Rappahannock County
- Warren County
For more information, call (540) 317-1439.